Amazing Selling Machine
MODULE 6 - Overview
September 9, 2019
Detailed Review of Module 6 of the Amazing Selling Machine online course.
If you're looking for a unique in-depth, up-to-date review of ASM, then this is it.
MODULE 6 - The Perfect Product Launch
Video 01 - Welcome to Module 6
Video 02-Preparing Your First FBA Shipment
- It is when your supplier is in the country you are selling in and you can create an FBA shipment and have your products sent directly to Amazon.
- Step 1: Products are sent by your supplier to your freight forwarder
- Step 2: Then they are sent by your freight forwarder to Amazon
- You can have your supplier ship the products directly to Amazon, but there are a lot more potential issues and your shipment must be more carefully monitored (by you) to make sure everything lines up with Amazon's rigid standards.
- Shipping Labels
- Amazon provides you with these labels via your seller central account. Amazon can have you send your shipment to three different warehouses, so it's important to use them properly.
- Often UPS labels will be printed out alongside these labels.
- Product Labels
- The product label will have a product description and the UPC code discussed in previous modules
- FNSKU Labels
- generated by your Amazon Sellers account and can be applied to your boxes by your supplier, your freight forwarder or you can pay Amazon to do it.
- Mike recommends you use Amazon Barcodes (a selection option in the Amazon Seller central account)
- Amazon will apply these labels for you for 20 cents per unit. (By far the simplest option)
Video 03 - Your First FBA Shipment - Walkthrough
Video 04 - Your Final Product Images
- Primary images are photos directly of your product in very high quality.
- Secondary images are photos people using your products in their daily lives.
Video 05 - Your Final Product Reviews
- Ask friends to buy, use and review your product. (make sure the friends aren't too close to you or your review may be removed by Amazon)
- Ask your social media followers by teasing your product and then asking for reviews.
Video 06 - Launch, Blitz, & Rank Overview
Video 07 - Launch, Blitz & Rank: Pre-Launch Part 1
- Keeping track of each step using the checklist that ASM provides
- What your listing has to have to be ready for the launch
- Scheduling your launch (everything must be coordinated properly)
- Determining your keywords to target (using paid and organic traffic)
- Understanding Your Amazon links (creating storefront urls)
- Protecting your inventory (setting limits per customer)
- Setting up your Amazon discount coupon
- Setting up your first Amazon Sponsored Product Ads
- Generating some social buzz during your product launch
- Adding some additional inventory protection
Video 08 - Launch, Blitz & Rank: Pre-Launch Part 2
- Creating the right kind of Facebook ads and why that type is so powerful
- Mike goes through the creation of offer ads because they offer the ability to place an Amazon Storefront URL in front of the eyes targeted prospects
- How those ads will be used during the launch
- Mike suggests that you make twice the offers then the sales you want to make that day. (I dove all in and tripled the amount of offers and Amazon rewarded me for that courage with a higher organic ranking)
- How to prepare the content for your ads
- Mike walks through how to write basic copy for your facebook ads.
- He also gives some tips, like creating a unique version of your offer each day.
- How to create the ads themselves
- Mike goes to facebook.com/business and walks through how to create ad campaigns, ad sets and individual ads.
Video 09 - Launch, Blitz & Rank: The Launch
- Your Ready for Launch List
- Your Daily Activities during Launch List
Video 10 - Launch, Blitz & Rank: Post-Launch
Video 11 - Module 6 Wrap-up & Action Items Recap
Module 6 - My Key Takeaways
First, I really appreciated the lesson Mike gave around different kinds of product codes. I didn't really understand the background of the Universal Product Codes, but have been close to being in a bind since GS1 became the only acceptable primary source in Amazon's eyes back in 2017. But having heard Mike's lecture, I can now understand more of what happened and why Amazon made the changes.
Secondly, I appreciate Mike's explanation of the during launch daily checklist. As I mentioned earlier on, it is a pretty intense time, between running a few different kinds of ads (Facebook Offers, Amazon Sponsored, and Amazon Coupon Offers) on top of keeping track of inventory and current number of reviews. I found Mike's LBR process clearly communicated, both what to do and why to do it at that particular time.
Video Quality: 8/10
Good video quality. Consistent with the rest of the course
Overall, this module offers good, unwavering sound quality.
Mike's content is excellent and actionable.
OVERALL IMPRESSION OF MODULE 03
This Module covers in great detail on what Launching a product on Amazon entails. It teaches a couple different methods and ways to implement FB ad campaigns. Both novices and more advanced Amazon FBA sellers will find this set of teaching valuable.