This course is created by Billy Gene Is Marketing, a digital marketing agency based in California that does social media marketing, with the primary focus on Facebook advertising.
This course is designed for digital marketers looking to produce results for local business clients or local business owners themselves looking for more customers.
This is quite the extensive Facebook advertising training course, let me do my best to give you the full unbiased rundown for you.
Just off the top, after reviewing this whole course let me give you my personal takeaway the Good & the Bad
- Clicks Into Customers teaches you not only regular facebook ads, but the new ads you can do now like messenger and FB video live. I was glad to see training on this becuase there’s many FB courses out there that don’t even go into this. Its a brand new feature inside FB.
- Other Social Media Ads – not only FB but they show you how to use Youtube video ads & Instagram, for certain industries this could be very effective
- This course is created by a digital marketing agency that’s already built an impressive clientele base where they pull much of the data to help you, such as which landing page template converted the best, what was their best forming email marketing out of millions they send every year, etc so this course is backed by real-world case studies & numbers.
- Billy keeps it entertaining & educational, he’s also done a great job at distilling his core success principles into repeatable step by step processes like his 7 step G.E.N.E.I.U.S. Process.
- I don’t fully agree with their slogan “The only training your business needs to survive in 2017”, I run a multiple 6 figure local marketing agency as well, generating thousands of phone calls every month for my clients and majority of those calls are generated by my Top organic website & google maps rankings.
- Google Map ranking & organic website ranking is still the #1 way for many local businesses to get their customers. Billy’s course is only social media advertising. I believe social media ads are a bit too overhyped for a lot of industries out there. The truth is, Google rankings simply produce better results / higher quality leads for most service-based businesses.
- Some training on the actual sales & prospecting process to land new clients, but its not the best that I’ve seen. If you can’t prospect effectively and land clients you don’t make money with FB ads because someone has to pay for the ad cost.
- At times feels bit overwhelming & scattered.
- I feel there should be some training on how to outsource some of this work
- More case studies would be nice on what niche/industries do these marketing tactics work for? Because I am already a seasoned marketer I know right off the bat that certain ads or tactics will not work too well for some of the businesses out there like email marketing ain’t gonna do much for a roofer for example. My concern is that if a noobie took this course and started implementing every tactic that Billy Gene teaches to just any niche, he/she could end up wasting a lot of time setting up campaigns, funnels, email copy, etc to realize it doesn’t really work all that well for that particular niche.
- Thought they could dive bit deeper into the psychology and importance of picking great photos for FB ads. In my experience, its all about picking the right photos.
Final Thoughts on Billy Gene is Marketing Facebook Advertising Course, Is FB ads right for everybody?
As far as Facebook ads courses goes, this one is quite complete & extensive in covering everything one needs to know to run successful FB ads campaigns, from FB ad campaign management, creating funnel opt-in pages, email marketing, FB messenger & live video ads, Youtube & Instagram ads, Advanced Retargetting tactics.
So major kudos to Billy & his team for covering seemingly all the bases when it comes to marketing a business on social media.
I love that they are actually a real digital marketing agency that’s got a big clientele base and nice physical office in Cali with quite a few full-time staff.
This gives them large real-life data to pull from and it shows in their training course.
I’ve gone through several Facebook courses to date, and I have to say this one is one of the most comprehensive ones out there right now in 2020.
The only bad I see is that although Facebook ads are great for certain businesses it is still not the full solution.
For example, I’ve seen Facebook ads do great for
- Cosmetic dentist
- Informational Product (Coaches)
- E-Commerce (Clothing, etc)
However, for service-based businesses, Google Rankings still trumps FB ads in a major way
- Lawyers / Attorney
- Home Service (Roofer, plumber, electrician, tree service, limo rentals, etc)
- Regular Brick & Mortar businesses
At the end of the day, when you need something you’re gonna go into your phone, pull up Google or Google Maps and do a search to find a local company nearest to you.
If your toilet is clogged, are you gonna go to Facebook.com or Google to search for a plumber?
Facebook ads are more like capturing someone’s attention that had prior no interest & you have to convince them that they might want your service.
Such as an informational product.
This is why you need landing pages & email marketing, to slowly “warm up” your leads into buying your online course or other products.
This isn’t applicable to many people out there because most people don’t have informational or physical products that they can promote.
Making money online doesn’t have to be this complicated.
You just need to master one skill & imo that’s learning how to generate leads online for local businesses using free traffic.
All you need to do is rank a simple as hell website, with a tracking phone number on it and BAM you will get customers wanting to buy because you’re dealing with people actively searching & needing that service.
No need for funnels or email marketing.
This is a high quality lead. Customers with credit card in hand ready to purchase.
Also the issue with Facebook ads is you have to pay for every traffic. You can’t really play around or test things, unless you like blowing money away. You need a client paying you first & foremost before you can even play the game. And even if you have client’s money, it’s still sometimes a big battle to keep the ad cost low enough and return on investment (conversions) high enough to justify for the client spending more money with you.
Many coures will show case studies that show their students closing Facebook ad client for $2000 per month for example, but what I wanna know is how long were they able to keep that client? that’s the real test.
My clients have stayed with me for years because I don’t have to pay for my traffic, my clients get leads on autopilot and any work I do is always beneficial for them.
You cannot guarantee Facebook ads will always be great for every business.
In simple terms, with Facebook because every traffic has to be paid, if it costs too much to receive enough traffic for a conversion or sale then you end up getting sales but not making any money. Which means a business would be better off not using FB ads at all.
I’ve had this happen numerous times.
Master Google & getting free traffic to your business or to your client’s business first & foremost.
A.) You get higher quality leads
B.) Results “stick”, meaning its here to stay for the long term since its once your properties are ranked, you get FREE traffic on autopilot for years to come
A.) yes unlike Facebook ads, which can begin producing results immediately, doing the whole Google thing can take some time.
Ultimately, you want to learn to do both if you want to become a complete marketer.
I have to say… if you’re someone looking to make money online for the long term so that you can quit your day job for good, I would recommend learning how to generate leads with free traffic first.
Hands down Free traffic produces the most consistent, long-term results and best of all, on auto-pilot.
Facebook ads can crush to depending on the niche but it requires constant maintenance. If you’re dealing with some e-commerce client then look into investing in a quality Facebook ads course like Billy Gene’s.
The Beauty of Free Traffic
Many digital marketers are transitioning to using social media these days because general impatience in people these days wanting instant gratification results, as well as thinking organic rankings don’t work anymore or its too difficult.
Therefore FB ads is very attractive to people because you can setup the campaign in just couple hours, start spending and you will start seeing traffic.
But remember, Facebook is charging your credit card for every click & they will make sure they spend your daily budget even if the Cost Per Click goes way above the limit at which you need it to still be profitable.
Its easy to gain traffic with Facebook (anyone who’s willing to spend money can do it) but the art of staying profitable on Facebook is much more challenging than people originally assume.
The reason why Free Traffic is great is because you can make consistent progress. As long as you take one step after the other & get your site to page 1 eventually (in local its a lot easier than people think) then you have a digital property that’s going to make money for you for years to come.
Rome wasn’t built in a day.
That consistent progress you make each day building your organic Free traffic pays dividends months down the road.
This is how I was able to quit my 9 to 5 job & was able to become the go-to marketer for over 45 different local business clients.
If ya wanna learn that, go here.
Talk to yas later.