In this article, I'm going to share Gary Vaynerchuk's 101 most inspiring quotes.
Gary has been hustling every since he was a young boy in middle school.
He was successful in helping to grow a multi-million dollar business even before we got into this digital age and he's invested in companies like Facebook, SnapChat & more.
There's no doubt that he knows what he's talking about and it would be smart of us to listen when he does.
Let's get into this list!
1. “99% of people don’t market in the year that we are actually living in.”
2. “Complaining is unattractive.”
3. “Don’t ever let failures register.”
4. “How bad do you want it?”
5. “Ideas are nothing. Execution is the game.”
6. “People respond to effort.”
7. “Stop hanging around people who don’t want to win.”
8. “The brands that connect with clients in a real way, will win.”
9. “The person that gives the value first has the leverage.”
10. “There’s not a single winner on earth that took it easy.”
11. A broad trend I'm completely obsessed with is mobile commerce. Like completely. I'm completely convinced that everybody's going to be buying from their mobile devices. Whoever can claim that space or be in that space, I'm very interested in.
12. Either you plant trees or your chop trees down... I think planting is better
13. Everyone’s good when it’s easy! How are you when it’s tough
14. One of my biggest flaws is I don't take advice.
15. So much more fun to be liked and admired by those who really know you than the ones that watch from afar.
16. “If you want to be anomaly, you gotta act like one.”
17. "Don’t worry about the haters, worry for them."
18. "I influence anybody who is able to get through the chaos of my first impression."
19. "Lean into patience if you’re confused."
20. "Quickest tell that a company is in trouble ... “that’s not how we do it”."
21. “Brand storytelling is not about pushing advertising, it’s about bringing value.”
22. “Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, what do I want to do every day for the rest of my life…Do that.”
23. “Love your family, work super hard, live your passion.”
24. “Passion is contagious.”
25. “Skills are cheap. Passion is priceless.”
26. “The only differentiator in this game is your passion and your hustle.”
27. "Compassion leads to your own happiness."
28. I don't want anybody to not recognize how appreciative I am of the volume of e-mails I get.
29. I love people, and the hustle.
30. If you don’t love the gutter you’ll never enjoy the penthouse
31. It Starts With The Ability To Stop Judging Yourself
32. It’s not how little you sleep, it’s how much happiness and productivity you create while you’re awake
33. Kind hearts always prevail. Let there be no confusion
34. Kindness is the key
35. Kindness is the power move
36. Once you realize someone’s happiness doesn’t come at the expense of your potential happiness, life’s becomes very happy
37. People are chasing cash, not happiness. When you chase money, you're going to lose. You're just going to. Even if you get the money, you're not going to be happy.
38. The answer is - kindness that comes from confidence and self awareness and humility and empathy
39. Things can change in a blink Gratitude helps with this truth
40. You cannot underestimate people's ability to spot a soulless, bureaucratic tactic a million miles away. It's a big reason why so many companies that have dipped a toe in social media waters have failed miserably.
41. You have to understand your own personal DNA. Don't do things because I do them or Steve Jobs or Mark Cuban tried it. You need to know your personal brand and stay true to it.
42. Your own Humanity is the unlock to your happiness.
43. “Fear kills growth.”
44. “Hustle is the most important word ever.”
45. “I look at only two things when angel investing. Are you solving an important problem? Do you care about the end users?”
46. “Recognize that you have a much bigger chance and a better opportunity than your parents did to build a business around your passion and don’t take that for granted.”
47. “The best marketing strategy ever: care.”
48. “There’s no reason to do things you hate. None.”
49. "Don’t Let Judgment Cripple You."
50. "Eighty-five per cent of the crowd is going to fall in love with me - they're going to feel it, wow. But fifteen per cent are going to think, 'This guy is obnoxious.' I spend enormous time with them - every negative review of 'Crush It!' on Amazon has a response from me - and I can probably bring back ten of the fifteen."
51. "I am surprised by how not-adopted the video reply has been. What keeps other people from doing it, I think, is that they think a video comes across as 'I'm cool, look at how many e-mails I get.' That perception doesn't scare me, because I know who I am."
52. "I attract a crowd, not because I'm an extrovert or I'm over the top or I'm oozing with charisma. It's because I care."
53. Nobody walks this earth thinking he's better than I think I am - I think I'm great. At the same time, it's so obvious to me that I'm nobody.
54. Patience is your missing ingredient.
55. Someone’s “No” doesn’t mean you aren’t a “Yes” - don’t confuse a micro moment for the macro
56. This means taking the long view and avoiding short-term benchmarks to gauge progress. It means allowing the personality, heart and soul of the people who run all levels of the business to show.
57. You have to respect your parents. They are giving you an at-bat. If you're an entrepreneur and go into the family business, you want to grow fast. Patience is important. But respect the other party... My dad and I pulled it off because we really respect each other.
58. “I pride myself in listening. When you have people paying attention to you, your biggest job is to listen to what they want. Deliver what your community wants.”
59. “If you’re not putting relevant content in relevant places, you don’t exist.”
60. Being the “bigger person” always works
61. Blame is a huge vulnerability
62. Do You Really Have What It Takes?
63. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, I’m fascinated by people’s obsession to pour all of their efforts into fixing their weaknesses, which is playing defense, and not tripling down on their strengths.
64. Find Your Path By Tasting Not Dwelling
65. My dad taught me that when you borrow money it's the worst day of your life.
66. People don't want to embrace culture shifts because it's not going to happen in the next 20 minutes.
67. Surprised by so many people’s entitlement and think their life is more important than the person on the other side. Those expectations lead to a lot of unhappiness.
68. “Bet on your strengths.”
69. “I’m grinding when you’re sleeping.”
70. “If your organization’s intentions transcend the mere act of selling a product or service, and it is brave enough to expose its heart and soul, people will respond. They will connect. They will like you. They will talk. They will buy.”
71. “No matter what you do, your job is to tell your story.”
72. “When is all comes down to it, nothing trumps execution.”
73. “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.”
74. Brands mature over time, like a marriage. The bond you feel with your spouse is different than when you first met each other. Excitement and discovery are replaced by comfort and depth.
75. Even though I'm a hype man myself, I like the practicality of it all. People who understand how to turn a profit. At the end of the day, this is still business so I'm looking for real practical knowledge of how to actually make money, not necessarily raise it.
76. Most want to get it “right” I and many others just want to “get right to it”
77. Running a business is like a boxing match! Sometimes you have to take rounds off and “weather the storm” of the round.. you can’t go full blast every round! You have 12 rounds, try to win the fight
78. Stop doing things that waste time.
79. When I hear people debate the ROI of social media? It makes me remember why so many business fail. Most businesses are not playing the marathon. They're playing the sprint. They're not worried about lifetime value and retention. They're worried about short-term goals.
80. “Content is king, but marketing is queen, and runs the household.”
81. “If you live for the weekends and vacations, your life is broken.”
82. “Market like the year you are in.”
83. “Stop focusing on dumb stuff.”
84. “Stop whining. Start hustling.”
85. “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.”
86. 99.5 percent of the people that walk around and say they are a social media expert or guru are clowns.
87. Don't replace time with your family or things that you need to do.
88. Humility isn’t at conflict with self-esteem and conviction
89. The chef that grew up with the grandma who cooks tends to always beat the chef that went to the culinary institute. It's in the blood.
90. “Give value. Give value, Give value. And then ask for business.”
91. “It’s easy to dream, but much harder to execute it.”
92. “No one makes a million dollars with minimal effort unless they win the lottery.”
93. “Saying hello doesn’t have an ROI it’s about building relationships.”
94. “The more content I put out, the more luck I have.”
95. Asking is very different than expecting. #trueSales Especially after providing value 🙂
96. Giving love first always results in what you are actually looking for
97. I think the acquisition of consumers might be on the verge of being mapped. The battlefield is going to be retention and lifetime value.
98. I'm pretty good at sticking to what I know. You don't see me social commentating on health-care or presidential debates. I talk about what I know because I'm petrified of being wrong.
99. It's about building a global brand - not selling four more bottles of Pinot Grigio.
100. The reason I was able to grow my business was that every day, after producing 30 minutes of wine television, I spent 15 hours a day replying to every single person's e-mail and every single person's Twitter @ reply.
101. You must choose an area where you can win. No, scratch that. Not just win, but absolutely dominate.