In this post, I share 150 quotes from Think and Grow Rich written by Napoleon Hill.
Check this out
You'll get glimpse of each chapter as I've taken 10 quotes from each of the 15 chapters.
So really, you're getting both quotes and a summary.
But before we dive in
Here's a little about how Think and Grow Rich has helped me
From 2014 to today I went from living in a studio apartment in Detroit to a high rise flat in San Francisco by building and ranking simple websites that generate customers for small businesses.
You might be asking
That's great man, but how'd you do it?
In 2012, I got my mind right by reading a lot of personal development books like Think and Grow Rich.
Then in 2014, I found a lead gen coaching mastermind where I learned, step-by-step, how to create websites and move them to the top of Google.
7 months later, I walked away from my 9-5 for good.
Learn more about the lead generation mastermind by clicking below
Let's get into the quotes from Napoleon Hill's classic
Think and Grow Rich Quotes - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 1: Introduction
1. "Before success comes in any man’s life, he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat, and, perhaps, some failure." (p.28) - Napoleon Hill
2. "When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to QUIT. That is exactly what the majority of men do." (p.28) - Napoleon Hill
3. "Failure is a trickster with a keen sense of irony and cunning." (p.28) - Napoleon Hill
"Failure is a trickster with a keen sense of irony and cunning"
4. "One sound idea is all that one needs to achieve success" (p.28) - Napoleon Hill
5. "When you begin to THINK AND GROW RICH, you will observe that riches begin with a state of mind, with definiteness of purpose, with little or no hard work." (p.33) - Napoleon Hill
6. "The object of this book is to help all who seek it, to learn the art of changing their minds from FAILURE CONSCIOUSNESS to SUCCESS CONSCIOUSNESS." (p.34) - Napoleon Hill
7. "We foolishly believe that our own limitations are the proper measure of limitations" (p.35) - Napoleon Hill
"We foolishly believe that our own limitations are the proper measure of limitations"
8. "Henry Ford is a success, because he understands, and applies the principles of success. One of these is DESIRE: knowing what one wants." (p.36) - Napoleon Hill
9. "If you can do this, if you can lay your finger on the particular group of principles which made Henry Ford rich, you can equal his achievements in almost any calling for which you are suited" (p.36) - Napoleon Hill
10. "When Henley wrote the prophetic lines, “I am the Master of my Fate, I am the Captain of my Soul,” he should have informed us that we are the Masters of our Fate, the Captains of our Souls, because we have the power to control our thoughts" (p.37) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 2: Desire
11. "Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn his ships and cut all sources of retreat. Only by so doing can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a BURNING DESIRE TO WIN, essential to success." (p.45) - Napoleon Hill
12. "...Desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches." (p.45) - Napoleon Hill
13. "If you truly DESIRE money so keenly that your desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it" (p.47) - Napoleon Hill
"Only those who become “money conscious” ever accumulate great riches"
14. "Only those who become “money conscious” ever accumulate great riches" (p.47) - Napoleon Hill
15. "“Money consciousness” means that the mind has become so thoroughly saturated with the DESIRE for money, that one can see one’s self already in possession of it" (p.47) - Napoleon Hill
16. "One must realize that all who have accumulated great fortunes, first did a certain amount of dreaming, hoping, wishing, DESIRING, and PLANNING before they acquired money" (p.48) - Napoleon Hill
17. "Never, in the history of America has there been so great an opportunity for practical dreamers as now exists." (p.48) - Napoleon Hill
"The world is filled with an abundance of OPPORTUNITY which the dreamers of the past never knew"
18. "We who desire to accumulate riches, should remember the real leaders of the world always have been men who harnessed, and put into practical use, the intangible, unseen forces of unborn opportunity, and have converted those forces, [or impulses of thought], into sky-scrapers, cities, factories, airplanes, automobiles, and every form of convenience" (p.49) - Napoleon Hill
19. "Thomas Edison dreamed of a lamp that could be operated by electricity, began where he stood to put his dream into action, and despite more than ten thousand failures, he stood by that dream until he made it a physical reality" (p.50) - Napoleon Hill
20. "The world is filled with an abundance of OPPORTUNITY which the dreamers of the past never knew" (p.52) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 3: Faith
21. "FAITH is the head chemist of the mind." (p.67) - Napoleon Hill
22. "When FAITH is blended with the vibration of thought, the subconscious mind instantly picks up the vibration, translates it into its spiritual equivalent, and transmits it to Infinite Intelligence, as in the case of prayer" (p.67) - Napoleon Hill
23. "FAITH is a state of mind which may be induced, or created, by affirmation or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind, through the principle of auto-suggestion" (p.68) - Napoleon Hill
24. "...You will understand that the subconscious mind will translate into its physical equivalent, a thought impulse of a negative or destructive nature, just as readily as it will act upon thought impulses of a positive or constructive nature" (p.69) - Napoleon Hill
"FAITH is the starting point of all accumulation of riches!"
25. "FAITH is the starting point of all accumulation of riches!" (p.72) - Napoleon Hill
26. "We are what we are, because of the vibrations of thought which we pick up and register, through the stimuli of our daily environment" (p.74) - Napoleon Hill
27. "Like the wind which carries one ship East, and another West, the law of auto-suggestion will lift you up or pull you down, according to the way you set your sails of THOUGHT" (p.77) - Napoleon Hill
"Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man, but soon or late the man who wins Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!"
28. "Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man, but soon or late the man who wins Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!" (p.78) - Napoleon Hill
29. "If there are any such phenomena as “miracles” they are produced only through the state of mind known as FAITH!" (p.79) - Napoleon Hill
30. "First, the huge United States Steel Corporation was born in the mind of Charles M. Schwab, in the form of an IDEA he created through his IMAGINATION! Second, he mixed FAITH with his IDEA. Third, he formulated a PLAN for the transformation of his IDEA into physical and financial reality. Fourth, he put his plan into action with his famous speech at the University Club. Fifth, he applied, and followed-through on his PLAN with PERSISTENCE, and backed it with firm DECISION until it had been fully carried out. Sixth, he prepared the way for success by a BURNING DESIRE for success." (p.81-82) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 4: Auto Suggestion
31. "AUTO-SUGGESTION is a term which applies to al1 suggestions and all self-administered stimuli which reach one’s mind through the five senses." (p.92) - Napoleon Hill
32. "AUTO-SUGGESTION is the agency of communication between that part of the mind where conscious thought takes place, and that which serves as the seat of action for the subconscious mind" (p.28) - Napoleon Hill
33. "Nature has so built man that he has ABSOLUTE CONTROL over the material which reaches his subconscious mind, through his five senses, although this is not meant to be construed as a statement that man always EXERCISES this control." (p.93) - Napoleon Hill
"You will get no appreciable results until you learn to reach your subconscious mind with thoughts, or spoken words which have been well emotionalized with BELIEF"
34. "You will get no appreciable results until you learn to reach your subconscious mind with thoughts, or spoken words which have been well emotionalized with BELIEF" (p.94) - Napoleon Hill
35. "Your ability to use the principle of auto-suggestion will depend, very largely, upon your capacity to CONCENTRATE upon a given DESIRE until that desire becomes a BURNING OBSESSION" (p.95) - Napoleon Hill
36. "Following the preceding statement, consider the possibility of playing a perfectly legitimate “trick” on your subconscious mind, by making it believe, because you believe it, that you must have the amount of money you are visualizing, that this money is already awaiting your claim, that the subconscious mind MUST hand over to you practical plans for acquiring the money which is yours" (p.95-96) - Napoleon Hill
37. "When visualizing the money you intend to accumulate, (with closed eyes), see yourself rendering the service, or delivering the merchandise you intend to give in return for this money." (p.96) - Napoleon Hill
"Skepticism, in connection with ALL new ideas, is characteristic of all human beings"
38. "Skepticism, in connection with ALL new ideas, is characteristic of all human beings" (p.98) - Napoleon Hill
39. "Man may become the master of himself, and of his environment, because he has the POWER TO INFLUENCE HIS OWN SUBCONSCIOUS MIND, and through it, gain the cooperation of Infinite Intelligence" (p.99) - Napoleon Hill
40. "The actual performance of transmuting DESIRE into money, involves the use of auto-suggestion as an agency by which one may reach, and influence, the subconscious mind" (p.99) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 5: Specialized Knowledge
41. "THERE are two kinds of knowledge. One is general, the other is specialized" (p.101) - Napoleon Hill
42. "General knowledge, no matter how great in quantity or variety it may be, is of but little use in the accumulation of money" (p.101) - Napoleon Hill
43. "KNOWLEDGE will not attract money, unless it is organized, and intelligently directed, through practical PLANS OF ACTION, to the DEFINITE END of accumulation of money" (p.101) - Napoleon Hill
"KNOWLEDGE will not attract money, unless it is organized, and intelligently directed, through practical PLANS OF ACTION, to the DEFINITE END of accumulation of money"
44. "An educated man is one who has so developed the faculties of his mind that he may acquire anything he wants, or its equivalent, without violating the rights of others" (p.102) - Napoleon Hill
45. "Through the assistance of his “Master Mind” group, Henry Ford had at his command all the specialized knowledge he needed to enable him to become one of the wealthiest men in America" (p.103) - Napoleon Hill
46. "The accumulation of great fortunes calls for POWER, and power is acquired through highly organized and intelligently directed specialized knowledge, but that knowledge does not, necessarily, have to be in the possession of the man who accumulates the fortune" (p.104) - Napoleon Hill
47. "Successful men, in all callings, never stop acquiring specialized knowledge related to their major purpose, business, or profession" (p.105) - Napoleon Hill
"One of the strange things about human beings is that they value only that which has a price"
48. "One of the strange things about human beings is that they value only that which has a price" (p.108) - Napoleon Hill
49. "This is the major reason why so many people find it necessary to acquire additional training after they quit school and go to work" (p.108) - Napoleon Hill
50. "Capability means IMAGINATION, the one quality needed to combine specialized knowledge with IDEAS, in the form of ORGANIZED PLANS designed to yield riches" (p.118) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 6: Imagination
51. "The imagination is literally the workshop wherein are fashioned all plans created by man." (p.119) - Napoleon Hill
52. "The impulse, the DESIRE, is given shape, form, and ACTION through the aid of the imaginative faculty of the mind" (p.119) - Napoleon Hill
53. "MAN’S ONLY LIMITATION, within reason, LIES IN HIS DEVELOPMENT AND USE OF HIS IMAGINATION" (p.120) - Napoleon Hill
"The creative imagination functions ONLY when the conscious mind is vibrating at an exceedingly rapid rate, as for example, when the conscious mind is stimulated through the emotion of a strong desire"
54. "SYNTHETIC IMAGINATION:—Through this faculty, one may arrange old concepts, ideas, or plans into new combinations." (p.120) - Napoleon Hill
55. "CREATIVE IMAGINATION:—Through the faculty of creative imagination, the finite mind of man has direct communication with Infinite Intelligence" (p.120) - Napoleon Hill
56. "The creative imagination functions ONLY when the conscious mind is vibrating at an exceedingly rapid rate, as for example, when the conscious mind is stimulated through the emotion of a strong desire" (p.121) - Napoleon Hill
57. "Transformation of the intangible impulse, of DESIRE, into the tangible reality, of MONEY, calls for the use of a plan, or plans. These plans must be formed with the aid of the imagination, and mainly, with the synthetic faculty" (p.122) - Napoleon Hill
"Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes. Ideas are products of the imagination"
58. "Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes. Ideas are products of the imagination" (p.124) - Napoleon Hill
59. "God seems to throw Himself on the side of the man who knows exactly what he wants, if he is determined to get JUST THAT!" (p.132) - Napoleon Hill
60. "Riches, when they come in huge quantities, are never the result of HARD work! Riches come, if they come at all, in response to definite demands, based upon the application of definite principles, and not by chance or luck." (p.133) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 7: Organized Planning
61. "Every plan you adopt, in your endeavor to accumulate wealth, should be the joint creation of yourself and every other member of your “Master Mind” group" (p.139) - Napoleon Hill
62. "If the first plan which you adopt does not work successfully, replace it with a new plan, if this new plan fails to work, replace it, in turn with still another, and so on, until you find a plan which DOES WORK" (p.140) - Napoleon Hill
63. "Right here is the point at which the majority of men meet with failure, because of their lack of PERSISTENCE in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail" (p.140) - Napoleon Hill
"The most intelligent man living cannot succeed in accumulating money—nor in any other undertaking—without plans which are practical and workable"
64. "The most intelligent man living cannot succeed in accumulating money—nor in any other undertaking—without plans which are practical and workable" (p.140) - Napoleon Hill
65. "Temporary defeat should mean only one thing, the certain knowledge that there is something wrong with your plan." (p.140) - Napoleon Hill
66. "Millions of men go through life in misery and poverty, because they lack a sound plan through which to accumulate a fortune" (p.140) - Napoleon Hill
67. "Your achievement can be no greater than your PLANS are sound" (p.140) - Napoleon Hill
"A QUITTER NEVER WINS-AND—A WINNER NEVER QUITS"
68. "Henry Ford met with temporary defeat, not only at the beginning of his automobile career, but after he had gone far toward the top. He created new plans, and went marching on to financial victory" (p.141) - Napoleon Hill
69. "A QUITTER NEVER WINS-AND—A WINNER NEVER QUITS" (p.142) - Napoleon Hill
70. "When you begin to select members for your “Master Mind” group, endeavor to select those who do not take defeat seriously" (p.142) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 8: Decision
71. "PROCRASTINATION, the opposite of DECISION, is a common enemy which practically every man must conquer" (p.190) - Napoleon Hill
72. "One of Henry Ford’s most outstanding qualities is his habit of reaching decisions quickly and definitely, and changing them slowly" (p.191) - Napoleon Hill
73. "If you are influenced by the opinions of others, you will have no DESIRE of your own" (p.191) - Napoleon Hill
"You have a brain and mind of your own. USE IT, and reach your own decisions"
74. "Thousands of men and women carry inferiority complexes with them all through life, because some well-meaning, but ignorant person destroyed their confidence" (p.192) - Napoleon Hill
75. "You have a brain and mind of your own. USE IT, and reach your own decisions" (p.192) - Napoleon Hill
76. "Keep your eyes and ears wide open—and your mouth CLOSED, if you wish to acquire the habit of prompt DECISION" (p.192) - Napoleon Hill
77. "The great decisions, which served as the foundation of civilization, were reached by assuming great risks, which often meant the possibility of death" (p.193) - Napoleon Hill
"Keep your eyes and ears wide open—and your mouth CLOSED, if you wish to acquire the habit of prompt DECISION"
78. "Those who reach DECISIONS promptly and definitely, know what they want, and generally get it" (p.203) - Napoleon Hill
79. "The world has the habit of making room for the man whose words and actions show that he knows where he is going" (p.203) - Napoleon Hill
80. "DEFINITENESS OF DECISION always requires courage, sometimes very great courage" (p.204) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 9: Persistence
81. "PERSISTENCE is an essential factor in the procedure of transmuting DESIRE into its monetary equivalent. The basis of persistence is the POWER OF WILL" (p.205) - Napoleon Hill
82. "Men who accumulate great fortunes are generally known as cold-blooded, and sometimes ruthless. Often they are misunderstood. What they have is will-power, which they mix with persistence" (p.205) - Napoleon Hill
83. "The majority of people are ready to throw their aims and purposes overboard, and give up at the first sign of opposition or misfortune" (p.205) - Napoleon Hill
"Men who accumulate great fortunes are generally known as cold-blooded, and sometimes ruthless. Often they are misunderstood. What they have is will-power, which they mix with persistence"
84. "The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat. If you find yourself lacking in persistence, this weakness may be remedied by building a stronger fire under your desires" (p.206) - Napoleon Hill
85. "If you find that you are indifferent, you may be sure that you have not yet acquired the “money consciousness” which you must possess, before you can be sure of accumulating a fortune" (p.207) - Napoleon Hill
86. "Your subconscious mind works continuously, while you are awake, and while you are asleep" (p.207) - Napoleon Hill
87. "" (p.28) - Napoleon Hill
"Your subconscious mind works continuously, while you are awake, and while you are asleep"
88. "POVERTY is attracted to the one whose mind is favorable to it, as money is attracted to him whose mind has been deliberately prepared
to attract it" (p.207) - Napoleon Hill
89. "Without PERSISTENCE, you will be defeated, even before you start. With PERSISTENCE you will win" (p.208) - Napoleon Hill
90. "THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PERSISTENCE! It cannot be supplanted by any other quality! Remember this, and it will hearten you, in the beginning, when the going may seem difficult and slow" (p.209) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 10: Power of the Master Mind
91. "POWER is essential for success in the accumulation of money" (p.227) - Napoleon Hill
92. "PLANS are inert and useless, without sufficient POWER to translate them into ACTION. This chapter will describe the method by which an individual may attain and apply POWER" (p.227) - Napoleon Hill
93. "POWER may be defined as 'organized and intelligently directed KNOWLEDGE'" (p.227) - Napoleon Hill
"No two minds ever come together without, thereby, creating a third, invisible, intangible force which may be likened to a third mind"
94. "No individual may have great power without availing himself of the 'Master Mind.'" (p.229) - Napoleon Hill
95. "No two minds ever come together without, thereby, creating a third, invisible, intangible force which may be likened to a third mind" (p.229) - Napoleon Hill
96. "Mr. Carnegie’s Master Mind group consisted of a staff of approximately fifty men, with whom he surrounded himself, for the DEFINITE PURPOSE of manufacturing and marketing steel. He attributed his entire fortune to the POWER he accumulated through this 'Master Mind'" (p.230) - Napoleon Hill
97. "Analyze the record of any man who has accumulated a great fortune, and many of those who have accumulated modest fortunes, and you will find that they have either consciously, or unconsciously employed the 'Master Mind' principle" (p.230) - Napoleon Hill
"A group of brains coordinated (or connected) in a spirit of harmony, will provide more thought-energy than a single brain, just as a group of electric batteries will provide more energy than a single battery"
98. "Nature’s building blocks are available to man, in the energy involved in THINKING! Man’s brain may be compared to an electric battery" (p.231) - Napoleon Hill
99. "It is a well known fact that a group of electric batteries will provide more energy than a single battery" (p.231) - Napoleon Hill
100. "A group of brains coordinated (or connected) in a spirit of harmony, will provide more thought-energy than a single brain, just as a group of electric batteries will provide more energy than a single battery" (p.231) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 11: The Mystery of Sex Transmutation
101. "A river may be dammed, and its water controlled for a time, but eventually, it will force an outlet. The same is true of the emotion of sex" (p.239) - Napoleon Hill
102. "Fortunate, indeed, is the person who has discovered how to give sex emotion an outlet through some form of creative effort, for he has, by that discovery, lifted himself to the status of a genius" (p.238) - Napoleon Hill
103. "The men of greatest achievement are men with highly developed sex natures; men who have learned the art of sex transmutation" (p.239) - Napoleon Hill
"A river may be dammed, and its water controlled for a time, but eventually, it will force an outlet. The same is true of the emotion of sex"
104. "The emotion of sex contains the secret of creative ability" (p.239) - Napoleon Hill
105. "Destroy the sex glands, whether in man or beast, and you have removed the major source of action" (p.239) - Napoleon Hill
106. "the emotion of sex is, by great odds, the most intense and powerful of all mind stimuli" (p.241) - Napoleon Hill
107. "A definition of a genius is, “a man who has discovered how to increase the vibrations of thought to the point where he can freely communicate with sources of knowledge not available through the ordinary rate of vibration of thought" (p.241) - Napoleon Hill
"Sex energy is the creative energy of all genii. There never has been, and never will be a great leader, builder, or artist lacking in this driving force of sex"
108. "The pages of history are filled with the records of great leaders whose achievements may be traced directly to the influence of women who aroused the creative faculties of their minds, through the stimulation of sex desire" (p.247) - Napoleon Hill
109. "Lincoln was a notable example of a great leader who achieved greatness, through the discovery, and use of his faculty of creative imagination. He discovered, and began to use this faculty as the result of the stimulation of love which he experienced after he met Anne Rutledge, a statement of the highest significance, in connection with the study of the source of genius" (p.247) - Napoleon Hill
110. "Sex energy is the creative energy of all genii. There never has been, and never will be a great leader, builder, or artist lacking in this driving force of sex" (p.249) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 12: The Subconscious Mind
111. "THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND consists of a field of consciousness, in which every impulse of thought that reaches the objective mind through any of the five senses, is classified and recorded, and from which thoughts may be recalled or withdrawn as letters may be taken from a filing cabinet" (p.264) - Napoleon Hill
112. "You cannot entirely control your subconscious mind, but you can voluntarily hand over to it any plan, desire, or purpose which you wish transformed into concrete form" (p.264) - Napoleon Hill
113. "Man can create nothing which he does not first conceive in THOUGHT. Through the aid of the imagination, thought impulses may be assembled into plans" (p.267) - Napoleon Hill
"You cannot entirely control your subconscious mind, but you can voluntarily hand over to it any plan, desire, or purpose which you wish transformed into concrete form"
114. "All thought impulses, intended for transmutation into their physical equivalent, voluntarily planted in the subconscious mind, must pass through the imagination, and be mixed with faith" (p.267) - Napoleon Hill
115. "The subconscious mind is more susceptible to influence by impulses of thought mixed with “feeling” or emotion, than by those originating solely in the reasoning portion of the mind" (p.268) - Napoleon Hill
116. "You are preparing yourself to influence and control the “inner audience” of your subconscious mind, in order to hand over to it the DESIRE for money" (p.269) - Napoleon Hill
117. "Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time. One or the other must dominate" (p.270) - Napoleon Hill
"The subconscious mind is the intermediary, which translates one’s prayers into terms which Infinite Intelligence can recognize, presents the message, and brings back the answer in the form of a definite plan or idea for procuring the object of the prayer"
118. "Form the habit of applying and using the positive emotions! Eventually, they will dominate your mind so completely, that the negatives cannot enter it" (p.270) - Napoleon Hill
119. "The communication costs nothing except Patience, Faith, Persistence, Understanding, and a SINCERE DESIRE to communicate" (p.272) - Napoleon Hill
120. "The subconscious mind is the intermediary, which translates one’s prayers into terms which Infinite Intelligence can recognize, presents the message, and brings back the answer in the form of a definite plan or idea for procuring the object of the prayer" (p.273) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 13: The Brain
121. "The Creative Imagination is the “receiving set” of the brain, which receives thoughts, released by the brains of others" (p.274) - Napoleon Hill
122. "[The Creative Imagination] is the agency of communication between one’s conscious, or reasoning mind, and the four sources from which one may receive thought stimuli" (p.274) - Napoleon Hill
123. "When stimulated, or “stepped up” to a high rate of vibration, the mind becomes more receptive to the vibration of thought which reaches it through the ether from outside sources" (p.275) - Napoleon Hill
"The Creative Imagination is the “receiving set” of the brain, which receives thoughts, released by the brains of others"
124. "Thought, which has been modified or “stepped up” by any of the major emotions, vibrates at a much higher rate than ordinary thought, and it is this type of thought which passes from one brain to another, through the broadcasting machinery of the human brain" (p.275) - Napoleon Hill
125. "The brain which has been stimulated by the emotion of sex, vibrates at a much more rapid rate than it does when that emotion is quiescent or absent" (p.275) - Napoleon Hill
126. "The subconscious mind is the “sending station” of the brain, through which vibrations of thought are broadcast" (p.276) - Napoleon Hill
127. "The Creative Imagination is the “receiving set,” through which the vibrations of thought are picked up from the ether" (p.276) - Napoleon Hill
"The subconscious mind is the “sending station” of the brain, through which vibrations of thought are broadcast"
128. "It is inconceivable that such a network of intricate machinery should be in existence for the sole purpose of carrying on the physical functions incidental to growth and maintenance of the physical body." (p.278) - Napoleon Hill
129. "Is it not likely that the same system, which gives billions of brain cells the media for communication one with another, provides, also the means of communication with other intangible forces?" (p.278) - Napoleon Hill
130. "The strange thing about this method of mind stimulation is that it places each participant in communication with unknown sources of knowledge definitely outside his own experience" (p.280) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 14: The Sixth Sense
131. "THE “thirteenth” principle is known as the SIXTH SENSE, through which Infinite Intelligence may, and will communicate voluntarily, without any effort from, or demands by, the individual." (p.282) - Napoleon Hill
132. "The SIXTH SENSE is that portion of the subconscious mind which has been referred to as the Creative Imagination" (p.282) - Napoleon Hill
133. "This much the author does know—that there is a power, or a First Cause, or an Intelligence, which permeates every atom of matter, and embraces every unit of energy perceptible to man" (p.282) - Napoleon Hill
"The SIXTH SENSE is that portion of the subconscious mind which has been referred to as the Creative Imagination"
134. "Being an earnest student of psychology, I knew, of course, that all men have become what they are, because of their DOMINATING THOUGHTS AND DESIRES" (p.285) - Napoleon Hill
135. "The Sixth Sense is a subject that will be of great interest and benefit to the person whose aim is to accumulate vast wealth, but it need not claim the attention of those whose desires are more modest" (p.292) - Napoleon Hill
136. "Seldom does any individual come into workable knowledge of the sixth sense before the age of forty. More often the knowledge is not available until one is well past fifty, and this, for the reason that the spiritual forces, with which the sixth sense is so closely related, do not mature and become usable except through years of meditation, self-examination, and serious thought." (p.293) - Napoleon Hill
"The Sixth Sense is a subject that will be of great interest and benefit to the person whose aim is to accumulate vast wealth, but it need not claim the attention of those whose desires are more modest"
137. "The chapter on the sixth sense was included, because the book is designed for the purpose of presenting a complete philosophy by which individuals may unerringly guide themselves in attaining whatever they ask of life" (p.293) - Napoleon Hill
Chapter 15: Outwit the 6 Ghosts of Fear
138. "INDECISION is the seedling of FEAR!" (p.296) - Napoleon Hill
139. "Indecision crystalizes into DOUBT, the two blend and become FEAR!" (p.296) - Napoleon Hill
140. "The purpose of this chapter is to turn the spotlight of attention upon the cause and the cure of the six basic fears" (p.297) - Napoleon Hill
141. "Named in the order of their most common appearance, they are:—
The fear of POVERTY
The fear of CRITICISM
The fear of ILL HEALTH
The fear of LOSS OF LOVE OF SOMEONE
The fear of OLD AGE
The fear of DEATH" (p.297) - Napoleon Hill
142. "Fears are nothing more than states of mind. One’s state of mind is subject to control and direction" (p.298) - Napoleon Hill
143. "If it is true that ALL THOUGHT HAS A TENDENCY TO CLOTHE ITSELF IN ITS PHYSICAL EQUIVALENT (and this is true, beyond any reasonable room for doubt), it is equally true that thought impulses of fear and poverty cannot be translated into terms of courage and financial gain" (p.299) - Napoleon Hill
"Fears are nothing more than states of mind. One’s state of mind is subject to control and direction"
144. "The Fear of Poverty is, without doubt, the most destructive of the six basic fears. It has been placed at the head of the list, because it is the most difficult to master" (p.301) - Napoleon Hill
145. "The major reason why I wrote this book on how to get money is the fact that the world has but lately passed through an experience that left millions of men and women paralyzed with the FEAR OF POVERTY" (p.304) - Napoleon Hill
146. "THE FEAR OF CRITICISM is almost as universal as the fear of poverty, and its effects are just as fatal to personal achievement, mainly because this fear destroys initiative, and discourages the use of imagination." (p.309) - Napoleon Hill
147. "[Fear of the loss of love of someone] probably plays more havoc with the body and mind than any of the other basic fears, as it often leads to permanent insanity" (p.315) - Napoleon Hill
"The major reason why I wrote this book on how to get money is the fact that the world has but lately passed through an experience that left millions of men and women paralyzed with the FEAR OF POVERTY"
148. "[A] contributing cause of the fear of old age, is the possibility of loss of freedom and independence, as old age may bring with it the loss of both physical and economic freedom." (p.317) - Napoleon Hill
149. "The fear of DEATH is not as common now as it was during the age when there were no great colleges and universities. Men of science have turned the spotlight of truth upon the world, and this truth is rapidly freeing men and women from this terrible fear of DEATH" (p.319) - Napoleon Hill
150. "Mind control is the result of self-discipline and habit. You either control your mind or it controls you" (p.335) - Napoleon Hill