This is an in-depth review of Module 5 of Fred Lam's Zero Up Dropshipping Course.
Module 5 - Advertising Your Store
Video 01 - Facebook Page
- build your online presence
- build social proof for your website, and
- is a must-have in order to understand your audience better through page/post metrics
- selecting a page type
- choosing a category
- naming your page
- describing your business
- setting a profile picture
- adding to favorites, and
- setting a preferred page audience
Video 02 - Business Manager
- create and manage ads
- access reports
- and optimize campaigns
- It's a tool that allows businesses to manage their FB PAd Accounts and Apps, and allows you access to all these business assets in one place.
Video 03 - Facebook Pixels
Fred also explains the importance of the FB Pixel as well as how the Pixel works and what it is comprised of.
Fred then shows you how to install the Pixel according to a Standard Event or a Custom Conversion and also covers the Pixel's Events and Parameters to define more data.
Lastly, Fred covers how to check the installation for issues and installing the Pixel on Shopify.
Video 04 - Finding Target Audience
- Remember that your audience is your prospects that can be elevated to customers and then loyal advocate buyers.
- The better you know your audience, the more you will succeed in your niche.
- Brainstorm keywords
- Facebook intelligence
- Demographic and Affinity Expansion
Video 05 - Types of Targeting Methods
- Precise Targeting
- Broad Targeting, and
- Flex Targeting
Video 06 - Types of Ads
- the different ad types within Facebook
- ad type strategies and techniques
- 7 effective ad type strategies that are proven for higher CTR and conversions
- Single Image Ads
- 1200x1200 Photo Ads
- Carousel Ads
- Video Demo Ads
- (Just so you know, according to FB, there are 11 different ad types...)
Video 07 - Setting Up Facebook Ads
Video 08 - Tripwires
Video 09 - Content Marketing
- Educational Content on the landing page that leads to your product, or
- Remarket from your article.
Fred then shows you an example of an Educational Landing Page, and lastly does a walk-through of how a Remarketing Article works, and how to set it up.
Top Choice: This is a very useful lesson as not many other courses cover Content Marketing.
Video 10 - Demo Ads
- Home and Gardening
- Eco-friendly products
- Electronics and Technology, and
- Baby Supplies
Video 11 - Skimming the Market
The goal is to find products that can be bundled together, so that customers are inclined to buy more than one at a time. This increases your profit margins.
Top Tip: This is another great addition to the module, as not many dropshipping courses mention the bundling of products to increase your profits.
Video 12 - Analyzing FB Ads
- Cost Per Action (CPA) Acquisition
- Click Through Rate (CTR) Link
- Cost Per Click (CPC) Link, and
- Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM - from Cost Per Mille)
Video 13 - Scaling with FB Ads
- Playing it safe - less risk, but takes longer for results
- Day-trading Ads - instant burst in traffic, but higher risk and more dedication
Video 14 - Custom Audiences
- Visitors to a certain Page on your site (landing page, collection page, specific product page etc.)
- All Add to Carts
- All Initiate Checkouts
- All Purchase Audiences
He also discusses different strategies to employ for Custom Audiences.
Fred then does a walk-through of creating Lookalike Audiences and lastly shares his "ultimate scaling strategy - Zero Targeting."
Video 15 - Dealing with Account Suspension
Lastly, Fred does a walk-through of how to file an appeal via Facebook Business.
Module 05 - My Key Takeaways
By far the highlight of the course thus far! This module shines and can truly hold it's own when compared to other more expensive dropshipping courses.
Fred does a stand-up job of tackling the difficult (and VERY important) topic of FB Ads. Some courses skimp on the detail, but Fred has done the opposite, especially when it comes to Scaling.
Highlights of the module: Videos 9, 11,12, 13 and 14. Great tips are found in each one!
Content: 8/10 Fred does a great job of teaching you about Facebook.
There are many highlights and top tips in this module and it is suggested to go through the content very carefully.