Over the last 2 years, my business partner and I went through a lot of dropshipping courses to improve our online stores.
In this review, I cover my Ten Best Dropshipping Courses of 2020.
These are the "big guns" of dropshipping, and I not only rank them here, but I also offer full, in-depth reviews for each of these coaching programs.
All I can offer is my opinion based on my own online business experience. (If you want some background info on my dropshipping business credentials, read up on my personal Shopify Case Study.)
I use the following criteria when I review dropshipping courses:
- Niche Research Training
- Shopify Training
- Clickfunnel Training
- Facebook Ads and other Marketing Platform Training
- Support / Community
- Is the training up-to-date?
- Overall content
Hopefully, this list helps you pick the best online dropshipping class, that's right for you.
Each of these dropshipping courses have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. I will also highlight these in the review.
I have also included useful links to posts that will help you make an informed decision. You can refer to these resources from each course's detailed full review.
Finally, I cover what it takes to succeed with dropshipping, and how dropshipping compares against my Number One online business choice... Lead generation.
- My Top 10 Dropshipping courses of 2020
- 10.) Oberlo 101 presented by Jessica Guzik
- 9.) The Ecomm Clubhouse by Sarah Chrisp / Wholesale Ted
- 8.) Shopify Ninja Masterclass by Kevin David
- 7.) Ecom Beast 2.0 by Harry Coleman
- 6.) Drop Ship Lifestyle by Anton Kraly
- 5.) eCom Hacks Academy - Jared Goetz
- 4.) Ecom Empires - Nick Peroni
- 3.) Deepwork Labs eCommerce Accelerator Program by Matthew Sabia
- 2.) eCom Elites - Franklin Hatchett
- 1.) eCom Success Academy - Adrian Morrison
- So. Which Dropship Program is right for you?
- Brandable Niches - The key to Dropship Success in 2020
- A quick overview of my Shopify Case Study...
- My Dropshipping Experience Selling Shark Onesies
- Competitors stealing your dropshipping business
- So What the Heck is Lead Generation?
- In conclusion: What I learned about Dropshipping
My Top 10 Dropshipping courses of 2020
10.) Oberlo 101 presented by Jessica Guzik
Before I dissect the Oberlo 101 course, you first need to know what Oberlo is.
Oberlo is an application used
Before Oberlo, as a dropshipper, you had
This meant downloading images from AliExpress, then uploading them to your store, AND copying and pasting (and editing) your product descriptions. Oberlo has simplified this process
The Oberlo App features are:
- Find Products to Sell Online
–Through the Oberlo app itself, you can find millions of products to sell.
- Make Data-Driven Decisions – Oberlo has some useful features to help you make more informed decisions on product selection. These include the Order Volume feature, which lets you discover sales trends.
- Automate Your Dropshipping – with the Oberlo Google Chrome Extension, you can easily import a product to your online store with only a few clicks.
- There are many other features, such as Using Oberlo in a different language, Unlimited Monthly Orders, Monitor Product Inventory, Track Customer Orders, etc.
For a more comprehensive list of Oberlo features, you can visit their webpage here.
About the course
The Oberlo dropshipping course was launched on 14 August 2019 and contains updates up until October 2019.
The Oberlo 101 course is already cheap at $49.90, but Oberlo is currently offering a further 20% discount voucher. So, instead of the normal Oberlo course price of $49.90, you end up paying only $39.92.
What’s in the Oberlo course?
The course is well set out and it is super easy to navigate and automatically picks up where we left off, as soon as we sign back in.
Jessica states that there are three things that "...make this course really special." They are:
- The course contains a lot of downloadable content in the form of spreadsheets and
- All the resources that
are mentioned during the course ofa lesson such as tools, blogs, or links, are listedbelow the lessons for our reference. This means we will be able touse the exactsame resources that Jessica uses during the lessons.
- During the course, we will also receive insights from successful online entrepreneurs, sharing their dropshipping knowledge with us.
Most notably, it's FB Ad Strategy leaves a lot to be desired. In fact, in my book, it's a fail if you spend over $1000 dollars in a 6 week period and only get 4 sales totaling under $100...
The Oberlo course also doesn't feature enough details on FD Ad Scaling and does not cover sales funnels / remarketing at all.
Oberlo 101 is a well-thought-out and presented course, that covers most of the dropshipping basics. At $49.90 / $32.92, this course is a steal!
So, it's good enough to set up the basics, but after that,
Sadly, Oberlo's course is not comprehensive enough and leaves out key elements
9.) The Ecomm Clubhouse by Sarah Chrisp / Wholesale Ted
- Over 9 hours of premium video training. It's not a lot of content, but you're only paying $69 per month until you're done with the course. You can probably finish the course within a month, two months tops, depending on your work rate.
- You will learn how to create brand new and unique products with their Print On Demand training video library.
- "Learn how to find & sell hyper-viral, super-popular products with Dropshipping, even if you have a low start-up budget!"
- Sarah teaches you different, scientifically proven, sales psychology techniques to get customers to spend more money.
- Unique videos that expand on their YouTube Channel tutorials. For example, the YT Channel video tutorial on SEO is 34 minutes long, whereas in the club, it is over 2 hours long.
- You gain access to lessons not available on the Wholesale Ted YouTube channel.
- Sarah will teach you her strategies for getting free traffic and customers from Google using SEO. (Although, truth be told, it is very basic).
- All the video tutorials have English Captions for students who don't use English as a First Language. It's a nice touch for foreign students.
Value for money is certainly here. You can probably finish this course within a few short weeks or days, depending on your free time - the course is only 9 and a half hours. Depending on your available time and pace, the course could cost you only $67. That's a steal!
With only 40 videos and less than 10 hours content, the course is purely aimed at beginners.
So, once you've worked through the course, you probably don't need to go back for any updated course content. You can always upgrade to a more advanced course from someone else...
Overall, this is a good course for beginner dropshippers.
However, you will need to find additional information or do another course or two before you can start dropshipping with some confidence.
Ecomm Clubhouse is lacking in some areas, such as supplier research and the fact that Sarah only focuses on FB Ads.
In 2020, you need to expand your marketing efforts to include a combination of different social media platforms - not place all your eggs in one basket.
Most disconcerting was the product research tutorial. It is seriously lacking in content. With all Sarah's experience, she should offer better advice.
However, it's still a great course in terms of value for money and getting the basics across to beginner dropshippers.
8.) Shopify Ninja Masterclass by Kevin David
Shopify Ninja Masterclass isn't the most comprehensive course out
If you are a proponent of the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid), then this course will fit you like a glove.
Kevin is a no-nonsense, get-to-the-point kind of teacher. He flies through everything dropshipping related at a frenetic pace and you need to be sharp
I recommend this course if you're the type
Shopify Ninja has
Fast and furious! In and out as quick as a ninja assassin. If you want to get a Shopify Store up and running as soon as possible, then this is the course for you.
It has it's shortcomings though - being so fast-paced, the course is without detailed explanations. Most of the content is a basic overview and nothing more.
At almost $1k, you'd actually expect more from the course.
7.) Ecom Beast 2.0 by Harry Coleman
- A proven system that you can follow step-by-step. You get all the methods and strategies that Harry used to make over $5 million in sales in 2018.
- You get a range of high-converting copy & paste templates that will bring you fully automated additional profits.
- Learn "Underground Secrets" that most new marketers do not know. This program will teach you the insider 'tricks of the trade' so you can avoid the common mistakes of beginners.
- You get access to Expert Mentorship and a thriving FB inner circle community, with bi-weekly Q&A coaching livestreams & email support.
Ecom Beast 2.0 is one of the better ecommerce courses out there. Not only because of the good value for money, but also because of the content.
Harry also makes good on his claims. Seeing that his own stores did over $5 million in 2018 alone, one can believe him if he says that his methods have generated over $8 million in online sales.
You can thus believe that this is a proven system from start to finish.
You also save time using Harry's tried and tested templates, formulas and strategies that will always be up-to-date. As a student, you will have lifetime access to the program, and thus keep your finger on the dropshipping pulse with the latest updates.
Ecom Beast 2.0 is a course that is a blend of education, support and community, which is exactly what you need to help you achieve success. I cannot stress the importance of continued support enough, and it seems that the Ecom Beast clan provides this to its students.
The course content is also of a very high standard and covers just about everything a new dropshipper could need.
At the $500 price range, this is a top contender.
Harry included Google Ads as a bonus module, but other marketing platforms should be used as well, instead of putting all your marketing eggs in the FB Ads basket.